Football, Fashion, and Freakin' Good Drinks!
School has started back and all we can think about it FOOTBALL SEASON!!! Try out these awesome drink recipes that are perfect for tailgating! Shop the outfits with us at Style Revel and The Last Man Standing!
1. Strawberry Pineapple Mimosas
Sip on this sparkling and refreshing twisted mimosa for the first white-out game of the season!
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 (25.4-ounce) bottle sparkling white wine *chilled*
- 1/2 cup strawberries *thinly sliced*
- Mix the orange juice and pineapple juice together in a pitcher.
- Fill the champagne flutes with sparkling white wine *desired amount depending on how strong you like it* and top off with the orange/pineapple mixture.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and enjoy!
Picture and recipe from: http://damndelicious.net/2015/04/04/strawberry-pineapple-mimosas/
2. Rusty Nail & Hippie Juice
Grab your man, these perfect game day cocktails, and let the tailgating begin!
- 1 1/2 oz Scotch whisky
- 1/2 oz Drambuie® Scotch whisky
- 1 twist lemon peel
- Pour the Scotch whisky and Drambuie Scotch whisky into a drinking glass, add ice, and stir.
- Squeeze a lemon slice in the concoction and garnish with a twist lemon peel.
Picture and recipe from: http://drinkedin.net/component/content/article/39-recipes/recipes/144620-rusty-nail-recipe.html
For Her: The Hippie Juice
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup watermelon vodka
- 1/3 cup Malibu coconut rum
- 1/3 cup triple sec
- 5 tablespoons pink lemonade mix
- handful of fresh or frozen strawberries and blueberries
- Pour all the contents in a large serving pitcher.
- Mix, serve, enjoy! *Could it be anymore easy?*
Picture and recipe from: http://courtneysbathtubgin.com/2014/04/03/hippie-juice/
3. Blue Firecracker Jello Shots
Be the life of the party and bring some for everyone! These jello shots are the BOMB!!!
- 3 oz box of Berry Blue Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup Vodka
- 1/2 cup Peach schnapps
- Maraschino Cherries
- Boil water, add Jello mix, and stir until fully dissolved.
- Pour in Vodka and Peach schnapps, and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into shot glasses or paper cups,the drop in a maraschino cherry with stem. *it's the wick for your firecracker*
Picture from: http://www.sparqvault.com/2011/11/19/21-jello-shot-recipes-college-students/#.Vd9Y1bfxiiv; Recipe from: http://www.examiner.com/list/21-tempting-jello-shots